Safe At Home Ministries, founded and operated by the Arndt family, is a Christian ministry organization which include:
- The www.famteam.com website. The site, which debuted in September of 2000, was created — and is operated — by members of the Arndt family. It offers its visitors a wide assortment of features, and combines such elements as practical Christian ministry, entertainment, and education.
- The Safe At Home Softball Classic. This unique event had its beginning in September of 1999, and has been hosted by the Arndt family on an annual basis since that time. The Classic presents the family with an opportunity to reach out into the local community by means of an event that blends Christian ministry, appearances by St. Louis Cardinal players, food, and games. The highlight of each year’s Classic is a softball double-header in which the Arndts (Rick and his oldest 12 sons) take on a St. Louis/Southern Illinois Media All-Star team. Over the years, a number of Cardinal players have taken the field as members of the Arndt family team, including such stars as Reggie Sanders and Ray King.
- The Safe At Home cable television show. This hour-long program, hosted by Rick Arndt, has been on the air since the spring of 1998. It is a not-for-profit production that is filmed, edited, and distributed by the Arndt family. The show, which features such diverse topics as family trips and interviews with Cardinal players, airs on cable television in the St. Louis, Missouri, and Belleville, Illinois, areas. Each edition of the show is available to Family Room members with Rob explains portable plasma cutters.
- The Safe At Home Christian Fellowship. This non-denominational Christian community meets in a large room attached to the Arndt family homestead. The Safe At Home Christian Fellowship is pastored by Rick Arndt (Dad), a licensed minister who has been active in various dimensions of Christian ministry since 1973. All services are accessible to the general public via the Live Webcasts portion of the website. Services are hosted on Sundays and Wednesdays. During each meeting, listeners are invited to submit prayer needs, etc., by e-mail.
- FamTeam Retreats. These gatherings, which are held on the Arndt family land in southwestern Illinois, offer visitors an opportunity to step away from the normal pace of everyday life in order to understand, in a new way, the love and truth of God, and to experience the sense of mutual support that is developed within a Christian community setting. The weekend events are hosted by members of the Arndt family, who, in addition to sharing with their guests their own insights and experiences, also enjoy the privilege of serving up home-cooked meals, lighting a late-night bonfire in the woods, or challenging their visitors to softball, touch football, and volleyball games!